Getting an early run at the weekend...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

POP A SMOKE

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
Panama City, Florida
Smoke em if you have them.

Started this last night in an SV bath at 129/3. Shocked it and tossed it in the fridge overnight. Added a lil redneck rub to it and pointed it at the smoker.

Chuckie should be ready by dinner.
IMG_20180412_160458.jpg
IMG_20180413_121857.jpg
IMG_20180413_123100.jpg

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Hoping you don't mind Compliments from a Penn State Fan!!!
Because you're getting some!!
Awesome looking Beef, Pop A !!! :)
Very Nice!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: POP A SMOKE
I have eaten prime rib that doesn't even come close to that.. and that Chuckie was a helluva lot cheaper.

Speaking of football.. I am going through withdrawals.. Bo knows...

WAR DAMN!!!
Papa- Just bc I have never done a chuck on the smoker what temp did you pull it, looks like 135* ish? Really looke outstanding,Just the way I like my red meat

Papa- Just bc I have never done a chuck on the smoker what temp did you pull it, looks like 135* ish? Really looke outstanding,Just the way I like my red meat

The SV bath last night was 129* for 3 hours.. the Chuckie was pulled at 125* internals today but let me suggest that you not use that for a guide unless that chuckie was speaking Japanese a couple months prior. That was a 3 pound 21 day dry aged Wagyu Chuck.. When I SV an Angus, I will go 155* for 3 days instead of 3 hours... Totally different animal.

I like Chuck well done with the fat all rendered.
Usually 325 for 3 or 4 hours or in a crock pot for 5-8 hours does it how I like it.
That looks pretty good in the pic. :cool:
Nice..

Would be nice to see it still in the bags and see it get dumped out of the bags

Last edited:
I like Chuck well done with the fat all rendered.
Usually 325 for 3 or 4 hours or in a crock pot for 5-8 hours does it how I like it.
That looks pretty good in the pic. :cool:
Nice..

Would be nice to see it still in the bags and see how you got the crust on it. And how the crust dries out after sv

If I smoke a Chuck, it gets handled like a brisket.. all the way up. I would never cook Wagyu like that though. No need. It's like eating butter.

As far as searing after SV, I have several methods depending on the cook. By far my favorite is my modified sear station.
IMG_20171217_134000.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky