GE fridge build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drinknsmoke

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
Hello smoking world,

I just obtained this GE fridge from a buddy for the purpose of building a smoker.  I've just started stripping it, removing plastic and whatnot.  I got the inside of the door removed and aside from the freezer, the only other plastic I see is the trim around the fridge compartment.  My question is about the fridge lining.  I can't tell if it is painted or if it's enamel.  Any suggestions on figuring this out?  Thanks

Stephen

Drinknsmoke, I made one of these in college. I completely gutted it down to just the sheet metal to get all the plastic out. There was a metal "liner" inside that was surrounded by insulation, took all that out so it was just the sheet metal frame and then had a fire inside of it. That way we knew for sure that everything bad was gone. I would only recommend doing it at night though because it will be pretty black smoke.

This was my build

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/233093/mn-ge-fridge

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky