Gas Grill?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gypc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 4, 2006
InDiana
Hey my fellow smokers............I'm wanting to buy a new gas grill. I have a great smoker and charcoal grill but my gas grill is old and falling apart. I've already replaced the guts several times over the years........so now I'm just gonna buy a new one and want to know which one I should get. I want a good one for a good price. What'a ya'll think?

Get ya a pair of bolt cutters, a flat bed trailer, and make a road trip to Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's and any place else that has em outside. Take them home, find the one you like best, and take the rest back... Stealing with Integrity

I'm in the same boat gypc. Thought I'd say something silly so I could watch the post.

Keep Smokin

I got a weber stainless genesis Gold C.

Don't use it much but its lasted 5+ years so far.

ITs been covered outside for some time now.,

Here is a tip GYPC…take a magnet with ya when you look at those “Stainless Steel†grills and see if that magnet donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t stick to lots of them (low grade stainless) if the magnet sticks…it will rust
icon_sad.gif

Also check all over, sometimes they use good SS on lid and cheap SS everywhere else!
icon_confused.gif
Good Hunting!

Hereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s my grill
3e75b414_vbattach11678.gif

Hey thanks for the tips!!! I gotta about 16 ribeyes up in the freeze and I'm wanting to do some grillin:) I like the Weber and the Char-Broil. I really dig hearin testemonies.........from you vets!!

This is kind of what mine looks like. On mine the top and side wings are stainless steel and the cabinet is brushed aluminum. Mine says Pro-Series on it, it was made by Brinkmann for the Albertson's Supermarkets.

i will only buy a Weber. i have the silver series right now with out the side burnier and have only needed to replace the grill top once in over 7 years. and that was solely because i loaned it to a friend of mine for about 2 years and they did not prep it right. i ended up getting the stainless grates and love them. oh yea i had to replace the upside down "V" things that distribut the heat more evenly, they just straight wore out with so much use.

i have had char-broil grill before, but because they are cheaper then other brands for the same size and features. you pay for what you get.

my next big dog grill will me a Weber without even thinking about it. i may look at some other brands but it will be difficult to convence me of spending more or less money.

Hey Gypc, I have the weber gas grill with the a 1 gallon bottle of propaine on the side <just used to start the charcoal once lit you turn it off> also has a charcoal bin on the side. That 1 gallon of propaine last me a year and I grill alot. I'm not a gas grill kinda guy and we have had this grill for 3 or 4 years now. Only catch is the price, A little on the expensive side.

Joe

We got ours from Costco about 6 years ago and love it. It was their signature brand, I just went out and looked and they don't have the particular one that I have, but they have a Coleman. I can't testify to the Coleman, but the Costco brand that I bought is awesome! It has it's own slider box for smoking, rotisserie with the heat thing in back for more even cooking and burners that go "up and down" instead of left to right for easier indirect cooking. I can get that baby up to 500 in no time flat...

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...p=C&ec=&topnav=

Not sure if that link will work, but if you go to Costco website and go to outdoors, grills, look for the $899 Coleman. 5 burner. They have a brinkman on sale for $599.00 4 burner.

I went with the Brinkman-Pro Series-7231 at $198.00.......and yes I had to put all together. Good price for a good product. Everything lined up good and all the parts were there.

Yeah I got it at Wally world and yes sir'ree them steaks were perfect!!!

Thanks for everyone input!!!:)

Menards has the Thermos C343 made by Char Broil for $100 after rebate.  It doesn't come with a warming rack.  Its Char Broil twin does.  I asked customer service if I could just order the Char Broil replacement part and they said the could only suggest getting a universal one.  I think the accessory that just stands up on the grates.  The holes are there on the Thermos for a rack.  I don't see why it wouldn't fit.  Anybody have one of these?

I have one of the Thermos Grills , the same as you. It's a decent grill for smaller cooks or Glazing and Crisping things.

I've had several meals on it and hasn't let me down yet , so if you're thinking of getting it , then you won't be disappointed . The only problem is you have to assemble it on your own. Read instructions well and put your thinking cap on . They have it printed in Emglish , but in a Japanese way of thinking
confused.gif

Two independant burners, and a good shield. A little care of wiping and cleaning after use , keeps it in good shape.

This needs to be kept covered for keping it useful . A small 4X6 tarp (Odd Lots for $3) and your good to go.

Happy grilling and enjoy the Thermos.

Have fun and as always . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky