Garden Of Weeding

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
I'm not much of a gardener for self reliance and my garden is small compared to some I have seen but its big enough to get me outside and plant some veggies.
I added the fence this year as last year I got a new Golden Retriever and needed a way to stop her from destroying anything that might grow. :)
Have some corn, potatoes, onions, radishes, carrots, bush beans, pole beans, two tomato plants and peas in there. I have beets growing but for some reason they are not doing very well this year. Never had a problem growing them before. Oh and I forgot I have a roll of kohlrabi which never did very well but this year are just taking off like crazy.

rgiSHKd.jpg

0dOyKYr.jpg

7oKk3tO.jpg

Y5ArjCf.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! Mine is in a rebuild year. Previous owners planted Mint in the garden.
That stuff spreads like crazy. Hopefully we can get rid of it all.
Wife took some and started in a planter (where it belongs).

Love the skeleton!

Reactions: KBFlyer
Nice set up and should yield plenty for you!
Yup I do alright. Love having fresh potatoes and carrots
This year i have lots of garlic growing in the flower beds. More corn, more beans. And the peanut seeds I bought just to try and grow the suckers and they are growing pretty well.
Some of last years crop.
AN9TKWV.jpg

llSussN.jpg

That's a lot of taters.
How do you store them to last until the next season ?
5 gallon buckets with tight lids. They last almost all winter. Whats left I use in the next years garden as seeders.

Reactions: 02ebz06
My new neighbor's brother has a farm about 40 miles south of us. I asked her if I could go there and get some cow manure. She asked and he said no problem but asked why I wanted spring manure instead of dried fall manure. I had no idea there was a difference. Thought shit was shit no matter what time of the year it was. He said spring manure you will get more weeds since it is not dried out. Like I said before I'm no farmer but seems to make sense.
What are your thoughts?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky