Garden in SE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Plinsc

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
We have ours planted! My tomatoes are about 12-18” high. Sweet bells a little taller. Banana peppers the same. Bush and pole beans are showing, zucchini’s and cucumbers are going well.
Asparagus (first year) is slowly coming in, rhubarb is doing well.
I think the grand solar minimum is going to play a part this year, so we will see!
In early 1800’s Lewis and Clark wrote about buffalo killing hail storms, and that was a solar minimum, not a grand!
I have 2nd year peach trees,apple, and a cherry doing well. Added a couple figs and going to plant a couple plums.
Blackberry,blueberry, grapes are coming along well. The Muscadine and raspberry are growing like gangbusters!
I am going to build a greenhouse from old windows I collected this year for my wife about 16’ x 12’.

Sounds as if you have a great garden growing... What part of the world are you in ?? Got any pictures ?? We love pictures... Dave

Reactions: Plinsc
South Carolina here, I’ll grab some after I finish cutting grass, taking a breakfast break as rain due at noon.
The humidity is about 150% right now! Lol

29° here the other morning. Haven't even tilled the garden yet. Hopefully next week. The old saying, plant potatoes on good Friday. Hell the ground was still froze, years past was still snow covered. Very seldom in this area.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky