Frozen TrTip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It sure looks good from here Jed!
I’d be all over that!
Al
Thank you Al! I appreciate your time. You started a fascinating trend here!
I see nothing wrong with it . Looks fantastic , and I can almost taste it .
I just spun a bottom round to an I T of 150 , just to see how it would be. Tender and strong beef flavor , and that was a round cut . I can only imagine how good that TT was .
Nice work bud .
Thank you Chop! Rotisserie spin to 150? Sounds really good! I didn’t mind it being a bit over medium rare into medium. As long as it’s not well!
Man that looks good. I have never seen an untrimmed tt. I will be asking the butcher next time I seek one out. Beautiful job as usual Jed.
Thank you! I used to get untrimmed in SD all the time! I like the little bits of fats on it, really tasty! Very appreciated!

Jed, your TT took on a good looking smoke ring too.
The cook may not have gone according to plan, but the results turned out darn good. Nicely done!

Stu
Thank you Stu! Yes, not exactly what I had in mind, but it was tasty and I guess that’s what counts in the end! I appreciate your time!
Looks great from here Jed! I have 2 untrimmed TT in the freezer and am wanting to try them brisket style.
Sounds great! Can’t wait to see how they go! I’d try at least one untrimmed. It’s been a while since I’ve had one that way and I forgot how much juicier and rich the meat is with some fat. I appreciate your time!
Things might have been crazy at your house but I'd definitely stood in line for a plate of that! I might just have to take a 40 mile trip one way for more tri tip, I've only ever had one and they are all untrimmed. I can't even remember how old our kids were when they got cell phones but things were simpler back then. I think your kids will survive...look at us, we survived...plus my first cell phone was so big no way was it going in a pocket!

Ryan
Haha, thank you Ryan! I’d say it’s worth the trip for a Tri Tip, but I’m used to commuting 20-30 miles one way a day!

It’s an odd thing, I never had a cell phone until 2006. I didn’t want one, but now I don’t even have a phone in the house, my kids use my last one to play with! I’m sure they’ll be fine, just a lot more to get exposed to a lot earlier now!

Reactions: one eyed jack
Looks like a highly successful experiment Jed. Very nice tri tip and a gorgeous plate. Very well done sir and glad it met expectations...or at least seemed to via your commentary.

Long thread, my apologies!
That's not a long thread by some people's standards.....and no apology necessary. I like full documentation, especially when an experiment is being done. Gives us all more insight into the cook.

Robert

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky