Frozen Pizza and Turkey Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dr k

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 22, 2013
Peoria, IL
I doctored up a frozen pizza and put three turkey burgers on a paper plate since they tend to have less fat and may dry out compared to ground chuck. Bread soaks up smoke so I just did this one with no added smoke. Just what the seasoning generated. I ended up bumping the temp to 295. Took less than 90 minutes. Swapped out the Gen 1 stock 15 watt light bulb for a 40 watt.
20180613_201240.jpg
20180613_201258.jpg
20180613_210210.jpg
20180613_210222.jpg
20180613_210922.jpg

Reactions: SmokinAl
I've seen frozen pizza smoked, and I've seen turkey burgers smoked before. But I can honestly say I've never seen turkey burgers or anything else for that matter smoked on a paper plate. Those look good from my vantage point.

Point for sure.

Chris

I've seen frozen pizza smoked, and I've seen turkey burgers smoked before. But I can honestly say I've never seen turkey burgers or anything else for that matter smoked on a paper plate. Those look good from my vantage point.

Point for sure.

Chris
Thanks. The 90 minutes didn't do much for the turkey burger's texture so they are reverse seared turkey burgers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky