Frogmore Stew...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...again. It's been awhile since I made it and I'm not really sure why. But basically did it the same as I always do except with the addition of my wife's Asian Slaw she makes.
Here's the last time https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/frogmore-stew.306684/

Same ingredients and technique except I used a different seasoning. This time I used Louisiana Crawfish Shrimp & Crab Boil...
1660161818197.png

Really good stuff. I used about a cup to 1 gallon of water.

After all is cooked and dumped out...
20220808_175509[1].jpg

The Asian Slaw which is a rice wine vinegar and sesame oil dressing over a pre-mix tri-colored bag slaw with pan seared broken up ramen noodles, edamame, chopped green onions, and toasted almonds. May be something else I'm leaving out, I'll have to ask her...
20220808_175537[1].jpg

The fine china again. Time to eat...
20220808_180813[1].jpg

Man that looks good. Could prob eat my body weight in just the taters and sausage. Looks like we shop the same china store.
Jim

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Tha5 looks great Charles and we l9ve it too.
How do you like the LA flavor?

Keith
I liked it. The seasoning was a gift from a friend and came in a 4.5 lb. bag. It is a bulk seasoning and I probably will use a little more next time. Thanks Keith for the kind words...

Reactions: 912smoker
Man that looks good. Could prob eat my body weight in just the taters and sausage. Looks like we shop the same china store.
Jim
It's funny that to me the shrimp are the star of the show, but the sausage is always the first to disappear. I love the potatoes, too. Thanks, Jim...
beautiful looking food, bet it tastes great!! thanks for sharing
It is/was common folks food way back in the day and tastes really good. It can be made including whatever seafood you like such as crab legs, crawfish, blue crabs, etc...
Good look'n eats. . .
Thank you...
GS, Looks delicious!
Thank you...

Reactions: Nodak21
Great looking meal Charles. I'm gonna have to put that stew in the memory bank for future use.

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking meal Charles. I'm gonna have to put that stew in the memory bank for future use.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, give it a try...
Whoa, that's one fine lookin' cook, and a great way to feed a crowd, nice work Charles! RAY
Ray, we always seem to have a crowd here and I love it. Thank you for the kind words...

Once again Charles, that looks superb!! What I wouldn't give for a massive serving of that. Sadly though, anything that swims is off limits around here. Well done my friend.

Robert

Once again Charles, that looks superb!! What I wouldn't give for a massive serving of that. Sadly though, anything that swims is off limits around here. Well done my friend.

Robert
Thank you Robert. I thought that y'all ate shrimp?

Looks delicious, nice job. I use that LA seasoning for crawfish boils down here when they are in season, good stuff. You might try throwing some mushrooms in there as well if you like them, so good.

Looks delicious, nice job. I use that LA seasoning for crawfish boils down here when they are in season, good stuff. You might try throwing some mushrooms in there as well if you like them, so good.
I wish that crawfish were more available near me, I love them. We like mushrooms so will have to try that. Thanks for the tip and the comments...

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky