Fresh Herbs and Garlic Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Menu
Fresh herbs and Garlic Pork Loin
Asparagus
(?)

The Pork

Gather an assortment of fresh herbs from my planters, basil, thyme, rosemary and oregano.
Chop it all up and mix with some olive oil
Garlic, lots of minced garlic

VVpDs1U.jpg

gMQiTfc.jpg

Cut Loin in half, trim fat and silver skin, square it off
Score it deeply for to let all the garlic/herbs take hold
Herbs and garlic rubbed deep into scoring
Truss with twine

dkk5HvZ.jpg

u6uhoLG.jpg

mkUu8yF.jpg

Fire up the smoker to 225°-250°, add some cherry for smoke
Smoke pork to an IT of 140°

More to come, pull up a seat and pop a cold beverage.

Reactions: RiversideSm0ker
Lookin good John, those fresh herbs are really going to kick it up a notch. Be hanging around for the final shots!

Jumpin Jehoshaphat that looks double D licious

Chile

Looks good!

I too grow the spices... Garlic Chives, Chives, Mint(mojito), oragano, Sage, Thyme, Lemon Thyme, Rosemary, and bay leaf

Thanks man, now don't jump too far, won't be too long now smoker is cooking along at 239°-241° and the IT is already 112°.
Good things aught to be happening quickly.
I’m feeling froggy

Made a new sauce recipe for the first time, and it is good.
Excellent on the asparagus and pork, bet it'd rock on chicken too.
I don't know what to call it... Hmmm...

Honey Sesame Sauce

In a small sauce pan combine the following and whisk well

2t Cornstarch
4T Sesame oil
4T Rice vinegar
3T Honey
3T Soy sauce
1/2t Cayenne
1T Sesame seeds

Bring to a boil at the edges and then remove from heat, whisk well.
Reheat on low to serve or apply

91b4QuH.jpg

AGmHc6I.jpg

The Finale

m7TcEfi.jpg

5FrFyaf.jpg

hRuGy5U.jpg

u1KHvbF.jpg

That looks darn tasty to me John. Nice job

Point for sure.

Chris

That's looks good, you had me at "garlic, lots of garlic"

What's the trussing for? Where you trying to prevent it from pulling apart from where you scored it so deep for the spices? Asking because this Grasshopper needs help with his trussing skills, last time I tried to truss up a stuffed loin, the kitchen looked like a crime scene, and I felt like someone that couldn't tie their own shoes.

That's looks good, you had me at "garlic, lots of garlic"

What's the trussing for? Where you trying to prevent it from pulling apart from where you scored it so deep for the spices? Asking because this Grasshopper needs help with his trussing skills, last time I tried to truss up a stuffed loin, the kitchen looked like a crime scene, and I felt like someone that couldn't tie their own shoes.
Gotta love some garlic, eh? You know it!
Thanks Pete.
Yes, the trussing is to hold it all together and promote even cooking. Otherwise it'd be a mess of unevenly cooked pork and aesthetically unappealing too.
Same goes for most deboned cuts of meat,
Stuffed meats can benefit in the same manner.
I find that deboned cuts need to be firmly trussed or netted for as few gaps as possible to make them like a solid cut and cook evenly.
Stuffed and especially Rolled Stuffed need to be just snug so as not to deform or squeeze out the fillings.
When I tie off I tie a simple double wrap square knot, the initial double wrap will hold tight as you complete the knot.
Trussing takes practice and experience, watch some videos, and buy a big roll of butcher's twine.
And use some sharp shears.

Trussing takes practice and experience, watch some videos, and buy a big roll of butcher's twine.
And use some sharp shears.

On the subject of trussing twine...
If you get the ball it will fit in an used snaking peanut tin. make a hole in the tins plastic lid about 3X the diameter of the string. Find the center string in the trussing twine ball put the ball in the can and string through the hole in the lid. Then put the lid in the tin. keeps things tidy... and your meat hands don't touch the clean string...

Reactions: chilerelleno
On the subject of trussing twine...
If you get the ball it will fit in an used snaking peanut tin. make a hole in the tins plastic lid about 3X the diameter of the string. Find the center string in the trussing twine ball put the ball in the can and string through the hole in the lid. Then put the lid in the tin. keeps things tidy... and your meat hands don't touch the clean string...
Good hack zippy, I always precut my string for the job at hand.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky