Fresh Hams on a UDS with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tony111

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
W.C. OHIO
Butchered a couple of hogs and deboned 2 hams . I mixed a motons sugar cure brine to soak them in and also Injected them with it . They were both right at 14 lbs each and I soaked for 10 days. I rinsed them off and let them soak in clean water for maybe 40 min. then tied and put on the drum. Here are the pics. for anyone interested.

outside temp was around 9 degrees and I did these in a unheated part of my shop. Used hickory and cherry wood for the smoke

4 hours in I turned and closed the lid ....running at 250 degrees

after another 4 hrs. I applied a honey and spice bath stuck the thermo in ...158 and let cook another hour

pulled of after a total of 9 hrs. Sliced some off for supper and let the rest cool off in the shop over night to slice in the AM.

I was very pleased on how they turned out and the ham taste was dead on. 

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Says the links are no good... 
confused.gif

Looks-Great.gif
Just butchered a couple hogs at my dads farm myself, have a nice fresh ham in the freezer myself that I cant wait to get on the pit! Great Job!

Now double your pleasure;; toss a few of those ham steaks on the grill and get some heat through them and a few grill marks, nothing like outdoor-grilled ham steaks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky