French's or Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't used French's, but I have used Great Value brand. I really couldn't tell any difference in the final product.

I would highly doubt you can tell the difference in jerky. Especially if you throw is soy, pepper and any other ingredients.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Wanting to make some jerky and the L&P is way more expensive . Anyone use the French's sauce for marinade ?
Chiming in here joe. L & P is certainly more expensive but like anything else, you get what you pay for. I'd drop the extra $$ and get the better stuff, especially being that you'll never use the whole bottle in one sitting. It will last a while and consider it's only pennies (at most) per use, the additional cost is extremely marginal.

Robert

I make OFG Jerky, it’s a dry rub. Made wet rub jerky for a long time then turned the corner and never looked back. Search or it here there is a thread from Disco and somewhere in there I added an Excel that will calculate your ingredients based on the weight of beef

With all the ingredients in jerky, the great value or any cheaper brand will do the same job as a high priced one, imho.
Yup. I keep L&P on the counter next to my evoo and balsamic because I like the decor of the label. I only use it for dishes that have a specific need for the taste of it.
For marinades and sauces, any generic knock off will do.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky