freezing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bngood

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
colorado springs co.
i've noticed some guys smoke a lot of meat at once more than can be consumed at 1 meal guess i'm stupid do you freeze it for later and is it still as good if you do sorry to be dumb and confused.thanks for i

any info

No question is stupid around here. Yes freezing is the usual option for large smokes of meat and fish. Alot of us here use vacum sealers so it stays fresher longer. Smoking meat and other things is an addition and you can get large amounts of smoked foods in a hurry...We just can`t help ourselves !!!!
yahoo.gif

My wife and I vacuum pack and freeze. Fixing dinner means dropping a frozen bag into light boiling water for 15 minutes, then serving. Save for bark loss, the resulting meat is usually more tender, and the juices better distributed. And lately we've been better about vac packing 12oz at a time, to enforce "portion control" (6 oz per person) ;-)

f2e8ccbc_P1020052-640.jpg

--SiletzSpey

I have two freezers full to the top with all my smoked stuff and stuff that I bought on sale that I plan on smoking. It sure is nice to have something for a quick meal. The only thing that stinks now is my freezers are full and even if I find something on a good sale I don't have anywhere to put it. I guess I need another chest freezer.

Great info from all. Hubby won't eat anything from the micro. I can melt butter, make popcorn, etc but no cooking and he isn't thrilled about reheating in it either. I love the idea of the "boil in bag" and the portion control. Hmmm I'll have to try that one on him!!!!

Yep I've got two freezers, a chest and an upright and they are full (got an elk and a mule deer this past hunting season). 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky