Freezer Clean Out Smoke w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Was going through a couple of the freezers a couple weeks ago and decided to fill up the smoker with some stuff that had been in there awhile. A 4 lb brisket flat, 2 racks of STL's, and 8 beef short ribs.

Started out with the STL's. Used a mix of Tony's no salt and Jeff's Original on these(they got more seasoning after I took the pic).
ribs53.jpg

The beef short ribs were just SPG.
ribs52.jpg

The brisket flat was done SmokinAl SmokinAl method. Only had one can of French onion soup so seasoned the brisket SPG, strained out the onions, injected the brisket with the soup, placed the onions back on top, and placed in a pan with some low sodium beef broth.
ribs51.jpg

Smoker is full and happy. Ran this about 250 with hickory chunks.
ribs50.jpg

Wrapped the ribs in foil for an hour or so after 4 hours of smoke. Soon as I pulled them out they probed tender at 194. Fired up the grill at low heat indirect to firm back up and sauce them.
ribs54.jpg

Did some ABT's stuffed with herb goat cheese. 2 hours at 250.
ribs55.jpg

Brisket flat probed tender at 204.
ribs56.jpg

Sliced it up. Took the beef ribs to 170 then panned them with beef broth until tender at 205 and then added them to the party.
ribs57.jpg

After the ribs rested.
ribs48.jpg

Juicy as all get out and great smoke flavor. Not quite FOTB just a little tug...just how we like them.
ribs49.jpg

Sorry no plated shot. Had some mac and cheese and green beans to go with. Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon and clear out some freezer room for the holiday sales. Thanks for checking it out. Everyone stay safe out there.

John

Truly a wonderful compilation of masterfully cooked meats John, huge Like! I'd be so super thrilled to be pulling up a chair and digging into that menagerie of meat I'd probably forget my bib. RAY
tenor.gif

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
No plated pics needed. I'd be eating right off the platter! just going at it cave man style.
Jim

a full smoker is a happy smoker, fantastic John, i wouldn't know where to start yeah i would i'll take a beef rib to start!

Holy crap John! Cleaning out freezers has never looked (or tasted) that great!

That's a great looking buffet ya have going there! Meat, meat, and more meat, nice job!

Ryan

John you killed it!! Let me know the next time you clean your freezer. Color on the pork ribs is gorgeous, bark on the brisket is money and short ribs are looking very tasty. ABT’s I’ll gobble all day.

Damn John some great looking food and worthy of the meat sweats!

Next time you clean out the freezer, I’ll come by and fill up the beer fridge or some of that!

Looking real good there John! Must have a big freezer...my wife shot down a chest freezer last time I wanted one... Maybe next time she travels without me I can sneak one in the basement. bahaha that would go over well.

Looking real good there John! Must have a big freezer...my wife shot down a chest freezer last time I wanted one... Maybe next time she travels without me I can sneak one in the basement. bahaha that would go over well.
We usually hate chests because stuff is so hard to rotate and access , but I got a small one on sale <$200 last week ... it holds the bulky stuff that is easier to find (ribs, butts, turkeys, etc), and has made it SOOOO much easier to organize and access the small/frequent things in our two refrigerator freezer sections. That met with SWMBO approval, as long as she doesn’t have to root around in the chest freezer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky