Fred loose in the house.........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Shoneyboy-that was a hoot. 

I have a buddy in Texas that used to post up pictures of himself and his stuffed 9-banded armadillo. I made the major mistake of telling Rusty how much I enjoyed seeing "Armando" and thought it would be fun to have a stuffed 'dillo of my own. 

He wasn't sure how to go about sending a 'dillo through the mail, Fedup or OOPS so he told me that his brother was a long-haul trucker that drove between Huston, Tx and Boise, Id and passed through Salt Lake City all the time and would be bringing me my own 'dillo to enjoy.

Imagine my surprise when I heard a knock on the door to find Rusty's brother standing on my porch with a small animal carrier! He hand me the crate and an envelope; said "good-bye" and drove off.

Inside the crate was a small live 'dillo about a year old and in the envelope were the step by steps to go about stuffing it when it died or I got around to killing it~whichever came first.

Luckily for me I have another friend that does animal education programs for Elementry schools so I donated the young 'dillo to Pete's program. That 'dillo died about 4 years ago and was buried next to his favorite ant hill. Even thought I gave Pete the instuctions to stuff the 'dillo, he couldn't bring himself to doing that to his little armoured buddy.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane, Shoney!

Shoneyboy-that was a hoot. 

I have a buddy in Texas that used to post up pictures of himself and his stuffed 9-banded armadillo. I made the major mistake of telling Rusty how much I enjoyed seeing "Armando" and thought it would be fun to have a stuffed 'dillo of my own. 

He wasn't sure how to go about sending a 'dillo through the mail, Fedup or OOPS so he told me that his brother was a long-haul trucker that drove between Huston, Tx and Boise, Id and passed through Salt Lake City all the time and would be bringing me my own 'dillo to enjoy.

Imagine my surprise when I heard a knock on the door to find Rusty's brother standing on my porch with a small animal carrier! He hand me the crate and an envelope; said "good-bye" and drove off.

Inside the crate was a small live 'dillo about a year old and in the envelope were the step by steps to go about stuffing it when it died or I got around to killing it~whichever came first.

Luckily for me I have another friend that does animal education programs for Elementry schools so I donated the young 'dillo to Pete's program. That 'dillo died about 4 years ago and was buried next to his favorite ant hill. Even thought I gave Pete the instuctions to stuff the 'dillo, he couldn't bring himself to doing that to his little armoured buddy.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane, Shoney!
ROTF.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky