For the next tenant

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matt1124

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Dad is a property manager. Rent is due on the 5th, and for one house, instead of a check, it was a set of keys. He’s cleaning up, and calls the tenant about some stuff she left behind. “What about these two grills?” “They work good, I don’t want to move them, I’ll just leave them for the next tenant.

That SOB was heavy but now it’s on my porch!

It appears to be a horizon. She’d been using it to charcoal, it’s full of ash in the smoking chamber and the firebox has had some standing water, it has a rust line and some light flaking, but that firebox is probably a 1/4” thick or better. I’ll get it cleaned up with a shop vac and wire brush and she’ll be good as new.
97F50750-8340-4020-9BD9-4453B911BC7D.jpeg

Pretty darned nice to have that smoker fall right into your hands! I can't imagine it was very easy to move but now that you got it home it's all yours, clean it up and fire it up. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky