For Lovers of Raccoons

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 26, 2012
SE Arizona
Being bored with all the news I went looking for something a little different. Not sure if the animals are going to stay healthy or not. Enjoy!

They look well fed! Lol! I cant say that I could deal with that many coons hanging around...... although we have handled some of the younger ones. Cute little things till they grow up and take a finger off! Used to take me forever to get my rabbit dogs off a coon scent....darn things!

One of my Aunts had a pet Coon, he was named Rocky.
He was an arsehole to all but a few people.
And even to those he liked if he got pissed off.

He won't find them to entertaining if one or more decide to get nasty with him, or he gets caught between two fighting.

I'd like to try BBQing a couple of them fat ones.

I was expecting this to be a recipe thread!
Was going to ask about initial prep ... pickup truck or compact car?

Reactions: FenHoglore
Aw, HELL NO!!!
I'd have a field day with my 17HMR and a brick of ammo, I despise those nasty critters. And there ain't no way in hell that I would ever try eating or skinning one. NOPE!!!

Reactions: sawhorseray
That pretty much sums it up for me! RAY
Dirty little germ carriers pretty much fill my duck blind with crap that is full of Crawdad shells and stinks to high heaven. Not one gets a pass from my little buddy =17HMR or 12Ga & #4Buckshot depends on what I have at arms reach at the time. I wouldn't even run a dog after those little Tasmanian devils it ain't worth it.

Raccoons are pool cage climbing attic crashers. They are viscous and smell bad. Male raccoons are murderers that attack and kill their young. The only good raccoons are those that end up as roadkill.

Last edited:

It's only a matter of time before he gets torn up by some of those critters. You can tell, from how fat they are, that he is their primary source of food. I hate it when people try and make pets from wild animals.

Reactions: 1MoreFord
It's only a matter of time before he gets torn up by some of those critters. You can tell, from how fat they are, that he is their primary source of food. I hate it when people try and make pets from wild animals.
Couldn’t agree more. Eventually they will likely have to be put down due to their boldness around humans.

Being bored with all the news I went looking for something a little different. Not sure if the animals are going to stay healthy or not. Enjoy!

Just irritating to me but my deer don't mind. They eat my corn and rice bran. No problem, I just put out more than they can eat!
IMG_5322.JPG

IMG_5321.JPG

IMG_5318.JPG

IMG_5320.JPG

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky