Foodsaver 5480 reviews

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
I have been offered this unit for free but I would like to know if any members here have first hand reviews of this product. I know free is a good thing and it has not been used but I would still like to hear some input from anyone that has one??

Not first hand reviews. But, I've heard people talking about them here. For the normal household use for sealing leftovers or a few packs of burger. They are good units. If you are going to be sealing up large amounts at once. Then, you may be looking at wait times after a few seals for it to cool down.

Reactions: poacherjoe
Like Steve mentioned above. If your using it for a few items post grocery run or leftovers it works well. If your butchering a cow or deer then you may run into some issues. I have a similar model and haven't had any issues.

Chris

I just looked at ours. it's a 4440 but I will tell you we use it a lot. When I see things like chicken thighs on sale at Sam's I can buy a couple of packs, bring them home and divide them up into smaller packages, seal 'em up in the Food Saver and throw 'em in the freezer. I have learned to put dates on the sealed bags so to help keep our freezer inventory rotated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky