FoodSaver 5330

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I got an email from UMAi and they're offering this model for $149 which is $100 off of the regular price and Amazon has it listed for $249.99. It comes with a couple of 11" rolls and some bags and free shipping. I can also get an additional $5 off of that price bringing it down to $144. Anyone have this unit and want to give an opinion of it and the price? I was thinking about getting another sealer, one that handles the rolls, and saw this. By the way, it is listed on their website for the same price for anyone...

GS, Not familiar with that particular model but I have never had a bad Food Saver sealer. The stored roll option is nice for ease of making up new bags. They all eventually wear out and need replacing.

GS, Not familiar with that particular model but I have never had a bad Food Saver sealer. The stored roll option is nice for ease of making up new bags. They all eventually wear out and need replacing.
" They all eventually wear out and need replacing. " You mean the vacuum sealer?

That is a good deal. The FM5300 line appears very similar to the older FM5200 line.
While it may not be a commercial heavy duty sealer for processing large batches, it should do fine with small batch processing.
The hand held vacuum sealer is great for the various vacuum containers including the marinade in minutes container too.

I got an email from UMAi and they're offering this model for $149 which is $100 off of the regular price and Amazon has it listed for $249.99. It comes with a couple of 11" rolls and some bags and free shipping. I can also get an additional $5 off of that price bringing it down to $144. Anyone have this unit and want to give an opinion of it and the price? I was thinking about getting another sealer, one that handles the rolls, and saw this. By the way, it is listed on their website for the same price for anyone...
The last sealer I had was that model. I never did care for it. The seal bar is elevated and it takes two hands to engage the sealing/vacuum process. It just wasn’t handy. The seal feature before you cut the roll was nice because it’s actually a different seal bar the the main one. Any way I put up with it for a few years and then the vacuum got weak and one side of the main seal bar would not seal very well especially on the thicker heavy bag material. That was my last Food Saver, I bit the bullet and ordered a max vac from LEM. I’m much hapier.

Reactions: tallbm
" They all eventually wear out and need replacing. " You mean the vacuum sealer?
JL, I have burnt out 99 dollar vac sealers and 250 dollar ones. I process a few deer a year and an occasional moose. Finally went with a chamber sealer

I have a similar Foodsaver model that has worked now for over 15 years. It’s been excellent other than when doing high volume you have to pause every few seals or it will end up not vacuuming a pack.

Ok, question. How do you get that highlighted to show product without giving up the name of the place?
I've always kinda wondered that.( I'm electronically challenged)
When making a reply post, up in the tool bar there is a link symbol next to the picture symbol. When you click on the link symbol a Box will appear with two places to type. One says URL, this is where you paste the web address from the product page. The other line will say TEXT. This is where you type “like this one” and that’s what appears in the post, or you can just paste the page URL and the posting will show the web address.

When making a reply post, up in the tool bar there is a link symbol next to the picture symbol. When you click on the link symbol a Box will appear with two places to type. One says URL, this is where you paste the web address from the product page. The other line will say TEXT. This is where you type “like this one” and that’s what appears in the post, or you can just paste the page URL and the posting will show the web address.
Yep can do the web address, just wasn't sure how about the other. Sometimes don't like to post if not sponsors, even thought it may help the members. Thanks !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky