Foccacia bread.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning everybody,
Well, insomnia got me again! Been up since 2:00AM. And got hungry. So around 4. I decided to try one of those Italian herb & garlic Foccacia kits from the Prepared Pantry company. I believe there are a handful of us here that buy from them. There mixes are very good. I bought a couple of these mixes to get the cart up over 55.00 for the free shipping. And I'm glad I bought these.
P5140025.JPG

The directions were easy to follow. And all you needed to add that wasn't included was water, olive oil, and corn meal.
I did the dough in the bread machine.
P5140020.JPG

Fresh out of the oven. Man this smells good!

P5140024.JPG

Since this was the first time I did this. I opted to just cut it into wedges and dip in marinara sauce. These were delicious! Next time. I'll roll it out more and use it for pizza crust.

Looks great Steve! I have the website, working my way thru all the bags of flour I stockpiled before ordering some stuff from them. Mama used to make pizza with focaccia, was delicious. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
That looks tasty Steve! I think I have a bag of that also...have to check it out. That would be enough to get me out of bed for sure.

Ryan

Looks delicious Steve! Will definately want to check those out.
Thanks Jed! This mix is worth checking out.
Looks great Steve! I have the website, working my way thru all the bags of flour I stockpiled before ordering some stuff from them. Mama used to make pizza with focaccia, was delicious. RAY
Thanks Ray! My next pizza will be made with this.
That looks tasty Steve! I think I have a bag of that also...have to check it out. That would be enough to get me out of bed for sure.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! As good as this was. I would have liked to stay in bed until sunrise!
I think a olive oil herb mix would be good for dipping!
Jim
This already had that on top. Which was why I figured I'd treat like breadsticks this time. I'm thinking it would work though.
Man I bet that would be awesome with some Nduja spread on top!!! Very nice!!
I had to google that! And it sounds like a fantastic spread for this. Thanks for the idea.
MMMM! Nice.
Thank you!

Steve, thanks for posting this. I have several of those kits in the pantry but the directions on the bag sound a bit convoluted and involved so I have not made one yet. Knowing that you can use the bread machine is a game changer. Oddly enough, for the first time in weeks, I have nothing on the agenda for today....well I do now :emoji_wink: Just need to think through what to create that this would pair well with.

Robert

Now that looks great!
Thanks!
Looks great Steve . Rip that thing in half top to bottom and stuff'er full of Italian meat and cheese .
Nice work bud .
Thank you! The next time I will be doing that. Or pizza.
Steve, thanks for posting this. I have several of those kits in the pantry but the directions on the bag sound a bit convoluted and involved so I have not made one yet. Knowing that you can use the bread machine is a game changer. Oddly enough, for the first time in weeks, I have nothing on the agenda for today....well I do now :emoji_wink: Just need to think through what to create that this would pair well with.

Robert
That was why I kept putting it off. But it works great in the bread machine. Just follow the part about adding half the flour mix with the yeast and water. And let the machine work it for about a minute or so. Then add the rest with the olive oil. And let the bread machine continue with its dough cycle.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky