Flush pump on old Tillia Foodsaver

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokininidaho

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
N. Idaho
Hi, anyone know the procedure for this? I think I vacuumed some blood into the system when vac sealing some meat. Also is there a way to prevent this? I was thinking just partially freezing the meat before the job.

Don't know the model number. So perhaps this will help?

Partially freezing will help. Though, how did blood get in there to begin with? Doesn't your model have the drip tray? That should have collected any drippings with it getting to the pump.
On wet meats. I take a piece of paper towel and roll it up like a straw. And put it in front of the meat between the meat and sealer.
I do that to ensure a good seal.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Hey Steve, it's the original Tillia made in Italy from the '80's. Don't see a model #. Anyway I bought it used, I took the whole thing apart and it was pretty disgusting, probably years of gunk in there. Cleaned everything up really good and put some silicone on the gaskets, pipe cleaner thru the hose. Now I'm getting super good vacuum in comparison to how it was. Great tip on rolling up the paper towel! BTW that sausage stuffer you gave me still working like a charm. Thanks once again for your help.

foodsaver.jpg

Reactions: Steve H
Glad you got it figured out. And I'm glad to hear that you are still happy using the stuffer!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky