Floyd from SoMD (Southern Maryland)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

floyd

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Hollywood, MD
Just a note to say SMF is a remarkable wealth of great people and an immense amount of knowledge. We SoMD folks never say just "Maryland" because we do not want to be confused with the Baltimore and Annapolis crowds. We identify a little better with the Eastern Shore and Western MD.  I live in a little place called Hollywood, MD which is 4 miles North of California, MD. Fancy that; but it is a great place to live.  I am a long time BBQ guy and have had Kamado pots 30 years ago before they were popular; we called them Hibachi pots back then and we could only get them in Japan; many charcoals grills of all types, but I got real fond of Weber quality and have had kettles and gas Genesis grills for years.  BUT I have never had a real honest to God "Smoker" like the big boys.

Yesterday, after much research on this site an others, I bought an Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Offset Smoker and it will be delivered on Thursday. SMF and the friendly members have been a magnificent source of smokin' education and I have been reading posts for the last 8 days. Several great guys like ButtBurner and Ski-wener, have been truly encyclopedias of info. Plus Jeff's eclasses and book have been super. Yes, I bought the recipes and the book on day one of finding SMF. This site has been unbelievable and I want to tell Jeff how much I truly appreciate what you have started here. You are turning me into a well rounded BBQ guy who is going to be smokin' meat with the best of them.

Thank you all for the help, and keep those suggestions, instructions, and Okie Joe mods coming! SMF is fantastic!!!!

/s/ Floyd

Hi Floyd! :welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 50,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 1,000,000 posts describing it! Yea that’s right over 1,000,000!

The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

We have an Articles section that is full of great information about smoking to include a lot of recipes and instructionals. Check it out there is a lot to learn in there!

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! 

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums and some guidelines of how to interact within the forums. Off site links are not allowed here at SMF per Jeff. Not that you have done anything wrong....just a little bit of FYI for new members!

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky