Flat Top Ground Brisket Street Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Robert. I am telling you your taco seasoning is epic. Really adds another dimension of flavor to the stuff.

Glad you're enjoying it. We love the stuff and you're right, it's far better than store bought. So much more depth and complexity with all the different peppers in it. What's interesting is that the taco seasoning has become for you and your family what your jalapeno ranch sauce has become for us: an absolute staple....which reminds me that I need to make another batch. Emptied another jug of it last night.

Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
John those look and sound amazing! I’ve been loving the Mexican flavors lately. I’ll be trying this on my Blackstone. It sure does make the tortillas good when they are fried in some grease too.

Thanks Jeff! I am sure you could make the presentation look 10x better but man they are delicious off the flat top. I have never done the tortillas like that but will be my go to from now on!

Reactions: jcam222
Damn those tacos look amazing John! It’s great how a few small tweaks when making tacos take them from good to great!

I’ve been meaning to frying up some birria tacos now that I have a griddle.

Why thank you Joseph! You are a gentleman and a scholar.

PS...as much Mexican as you cook, do the stuff on the Blackstone...you can thank me later.

Totally doing this! Even have a point cubed up waiting to grind.

I have no doubt Robert's seasoning is good but taco seasoning is actually quite simple to make once you get the basics down and he is EXACTLY right the peppers are the key. We are partial to pasilla and new mex red. Playing around with mulatto now.

yumm!!!! I'll take a plate over here John! Nothing beats ground brisket in my opinion! I'm sure Roberts seasoning mix is delicious! Nice work man!

Thanks Travis! I know you are quite the cocksman when it comes to tacos so your approval means the world.

Did somebody say tacos? Yes Please!

Damn right!
e36bfb3ed5f4abf7f7e5cbaecd3f86ef.gif

Oh yeah. Those look good. Seems to be a Mexican theme lately. Love the flat top for store bought ground meat. It does not steam like it does in a frying pan.

Thanks Brian! Really the first time I have tried ground meat like that. Really enjoyed it and will be my go to method from now on. I agree on the steaming.

Nice job. People praise Fajitas, Carne Asada, Al Pastor. But Ground Beef Tacos dont get enough credit. Made with a great seasoning blend, they are very good...JJ

Thanks Jimmy. You are exactly right man they don't get enough credit. Maybe its the visual thing that turns people off but I don't care they are delicious!

Totally doing this! Even have a point cubed up waiting to grind.

I have no doubt Robert's seasoning is good but taco seasoning is actually quite simple to make once you get the basics down and he is EXACTLY right the peppers are the key. We are partial to pasilla and new mex red. Playing around with mulatto now.

Thank you Sam. When you do it let me know how it turns out!

Thank you sir! Actually thinking about making some more this evening. Bout time to grind up some more brisket too.
I still have about 6lbs ground in the freezer. I'm going to make up some tacos very soon.
So a buddy gave me a bunch of ground elk the other day that has some bacon ground in with it,
OH, MY DOG....it is some killer shit!!!
The next time I grind up a few brisket I am going to grind in some of my homemade bacon trim into it for burgers and taco. It is that good!!!

I still have about 6lbs ground in the freezer. I'm going to make up some tacos very soon.
So a buddy gave me a bunch of ground elk the other day that has some bacon ground in with it,
OH, MY DOG....it is some killer shit!!!
The next time I grind up a few brisket I am going to grind in some of my homemade bacon trim into it for burgers and taco. It is that good!!!

Man I have heard brisket ground with pork belly is about one of the best tasting burgers you can get. Never had elk before but would sure as hell like to try it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky