Fixed the MES, but have a question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brokenwing

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Maryland
Just when i thought my Mes was done, i went to the appliance shop, he tested the element and said it was good.  Bought hi temp wire, and connectors for 11.00 dollars.  Came home wired it back up, still need to get self tapping sheet metal screws.  Where I am scratching my head is, the MES controller is reading temps 30 degrees lower then my maverick ET73. I checked it in boiling water so I know it is right.  Above the water pan i always use aluminum foil over the element to cut down on the heat, and I read the temp close to the temp probe in the smoker.  Does everyone else find there smoker runs hotter, and just adjusts the controller to your external thermometer. I'm on my second controller now, my fist one read way worse then this one.  Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help.  By the way, the smoker said 210, and my maverick reads close to 240 or a little higher.  Im going to smoke some pork tommorow so i can make sure this thing is going to hold up for my long easter smoke.

Mine runs hotter but it kinda levels out at higher temps

Mine runs hotter also...i always trust my maverick and adjust my MES accordingly.
icon14.gif

Your lucky that it runs hotter than the controller says. That way you can run it at 300 for chicken & turkey.

Ya i know i can adjust it accordingly, and getting higher temps for chicken is great.  I just wish it was a little more accurate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky