Fitting a brisket in a MES 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ImEbee

Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
The next brisket will be my first attempt and feeling intimidated is putting it lightly! My biggest concern is fitting even the smallest briskets in my MES 30. I don’t see how I can fit a full one in such a narrow space. Is it a bad idea to cut to fit the brisket and if not are there do’s and dont’s with doing that. Or even better tips on getting one to fit whole in my mini fridge of a smoker!

Cheers-Eric

You can cut it or prop up the middle of the brisket with a can or something which will pull the edges of brisket in

Reactions: chopsaw
how about hanging it? it's taller than it is wide put the top rack in and make some hooks , attach it with more than 1 so it don't get tender and pull loose, have read that can be ugly .

We had this discussion a couple years ago . This thread may help .

You can cut it or prop up the middle of the brisket with a can or something which will pull the edges of brisket in
About 15 years ago I told a guy online "put a beer can underneath it and after it shrinks a little it will fit just fine on the grate". A couple of days later he replied "... hey that worked just fine, but next time I'll use an empty can". :emoji_laughing:

Thanks for the ideas, (Bear may be the leader in the clubhouse 😂) that should get me started. Now I have one less excuse to get my first one on!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky