First winter storm an a busy day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 19, 2008
A Holler in North Iowa
Well, after the weather man bein wrong fer I don't know how long it hit. Woke up this morinin ta freezin rain, warmed up ta 31 an lots a rain, now the temps droppin. Highways ain't bad cause the state boys be out, but the side roads I don't beleive ya could stand up on!

No choice but ta go out in it.

Had ta go ta the shop an get the exhaust fixed on the truck, sounded like a sherman tank. We had a CERT trainin exercise (search & rescue) out in the woods. Did fine with the little pickup, but ran long an momma had ta leave. She says she didn't, but the evidence says otherwise, she walloped a good sharp rock an opened that muffler up like a can opener on steroids. Also busted it loose from the pipe. Oh well, it's quiet again now.

Then off ta get the lp tanks filled, need one fer fryin the turkey tammarraw. The others cause winters comin on strong.

Did the bankin an stopped an picked up new wool liners fer the mittens an did some Christmas shoppin fer momma.

Came home an put ice melt on the deck an driveway (don't need momma doin a hoola dance, an it might save the garage door!), gonna be nasty tanight. They already advise no travel. Trees er alread moanin an snappin from ice build up.

Momma called ta say she was on her way an we gotta go ta the store, got a few orders fer next week what need ta be filled this weekend, man I don't even wanna think what the stores gonna be like.

So, I guess I'll toss some wood in the shop stove an get the basement door cut ta size. Gotta rehang that after the new tile floor was installed (oh lord what a project that was, I love rotten sub floor!) gotta get that done before everbody comes fer dinner tammarraw.

Yall have a safe an enjoyable Thanksgivin!

PS: fer those of ya what don't know what CERT is: Community Emergency Response Team, were a group of well trained volunteers what help out emergency services crews not only locally, buy in the area, the state, nationwide an even out a the country if our specialties er needed. Perty good group a folks. If ya get a chance, take a CERT class near ya, ya don't have ta join a team, but lots a good information what ta do if yer family finds itself in a disaster bein it manmade er mother nature.  

/ message sig

Sounds like your busy Tip ya'll be careful out in that weather

icon_cool.gif

Like Jerry said what that weather and I know you can pull this meal off. Go Get Ummm

hey ya old hillbilly,

this storm is just the man upstairs way of giving ya a little trial to get ya mind on something else  besides that hero ya got over in the sand box .

GET R DONE!!!

Dang Tip sounds like you are running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Happy Thanksgiving

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky