First wet cured bacon (aka Pops Cure)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good. Now I'm wanting a huge BLT.
Jim
Why ruin bacon with vegetables? just eat a nice bacon sammich :emoji_laughing:
Looks good. Nice job.
Very nice looking bacon! Well done!
Thanks!
Yea but don't over looks Bear's its not that hard either.

Warren
I am looking into it for my next batch
nice really nice!!
Thank you.
I am going to try making bacon as the next project.
Definitely fun to do.

This is my first time doing WET cure on bacon. IT came out beautiful. Salt content on the test fry was excellent.

I cured for 10 days, rested for 2 days. Smoked for 7 hours with maple to an IT of 150.

Rested another 2 days, then froze for 2 hours (to make slicing easier)

This is after the freezing (hence the ice... I really think I need to turn my project freezer a bit warmer....)

View attachment 473223

Then it all got sliced
View attachment 473224
Then Vac sealed
View attachment 473225
And finally cooked
View attachment 473226
I am in the middle of a wet cure with Pop's as well, today (3/3 being 7 days in the cure). Did you add anything to the brine at that point (e.g. spices/flavorings etc.), or did you do that just prior to smoking?

Thanks and that looks really good!!! I am a fan of Nueske's bacon, so hoping I get somewhat close to that :)!

I am in the middle of a wet cure with Pop's as well, today (3/3 being 7 days in the cure). Did you add anything to the brine at that point (e.g. spices/flavorings etc.), or did you do that just prior to smoking?

Thanks and that looks really good!!! I am a fan of Nueske's bacon, so hoping I get somewhat close to that :)!

I don't season at all. I am allergic to many seasonings so I only use the salt.

Sorry

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky