first venision bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lyle o

Original poster
Sep 21, 2013

mixed 70% venison 30% pork and pork fat

smoked for 5 hours with maple

read other posts and decided to finish with a boil to 160 degrees then cold bath couldn't find done pic but when I do will post used mortons tenderquick seemed alittle salty at first but after it sat for awhile was better but I like salty and my doctor said I need more salt imagine that made 21 rings hopefully me and the son can get out and get more venison or possibly a bear am really enjoying this smoking and you can get a ton of info on here so thanks to everyone

I'm liking the casing size....are those beef middles? And that looks like an actual smokehouse build. Looks real good for your first sausage making adventure. A little more detail would be nice...the meat actually emulsified? ..Willie

mustard seed and garlic salt and red pepper flakes just kinda willy nilly threw it together but turned out really well

yea they were beef just kinda threw a bunch of stuff in the mixer and stuffed it was surprised they looked as good as they did mixed and left sit overnight in fridge and then run smoker at 130 degrees or so for roughly 5 hours then boiled to internal temp of 160 then dipped in ice water casings can be somewhat tuff to remove but are edible should have wrote down the amounts of spices only used mustard seed and garlic salt did weigh amount of pork and venison live and learn I will say the smoke house works really good need to try possibly a turkey or some chicken for a hot smoke

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky