first try today!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
sausage just came out and its outstanding. no issues there. that pork should is 168 right now and tough as a rock. i hope i didnt ruin it. i will let it in another hour or so.

You are in a stall - let it ride. The meat doesn't start to break sown till 190ish. If you want, you can foil the butt and put it back in the cooker - that will hep it get to temp. I don't pull my butts till there is no resistance when I stick them with the thermo - that is ysyally around 200 ish +/-

turned out i was too impatient. :) i pulled the pork at 199 and i thought it was soft by the way the thermometer went into the meat. i was wrong. great taste just too rubbery. we have in the crook pot with bbq sause and the left over chicken for sandwhichs. my bad.

Sorry about that, but you learned you can't rush these things. There done when there done. I'm sure you'll hit a home run with the next one. We all make mistakes, but we get to eat em.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky