First tri tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigfurmn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 25, 2016
Farmington, MN
Decided to do a tri-tip last night. Its a bit over what I like but its how the wife likes it. Only one pic but it was good. Rubbed down with Kinders The Blend.
20220713_194748.jpg

Look great Mr Big ! My wife prefers med as well and I can eat anything.
Will it become a regular cook now ?

Keith

Hey, Hey. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a medium tri tip fellas!!! lol

That's how I prefer mine too, course if it's closer to medium rare, I'll still pull it off the grill and love it =P

Great cook though BigFurm! I absolutely LOVE Tri Tip and thankfully being from So Cal, it's never not available. If you want to really treat yourself in the future, find a butcher and get some Kobe or Wagyu, it's a huge difference with the beautiful marbling on the expensive cuts. Did a Kobe for fathers day and melted like butta

Heck yeah! I bet you do it again. Looks delicious from my view. We are doing one tonight SV. TT is so delicious. Nice work and a big like.

I am for sure doing them again. I have another one in the freezer that I plan to smoke and reverse sear. Just didnt have time for that last night.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Looks good to me! It looks a little rare from here but that's OK by me.
If you can find tri-tip here (or anyone who knows what it is) you're going to have to special order it and pay an arm and a leg.
:emoji_yum:

If you can find tri-tip here (or anyone who knows what it is) you're going to have to special order it and pay an arm and a leg.
I don't know about Indy, but Meijer here has vac sealed pre-seasoned ones. Not as good as a plain tri, but not bad.

I would totally eat that! First and not he last I hope. TT's are one of my favorite roasts.

Mighty fine looking tri tip! I've only done one as well! So full of flavor!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky