First timer-Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Micah Roe

Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Picked up 9 lbs of pork belly at Costco. I cured it for 7 days and just pulled it off the smoker (maple bourbon pellets). Its ok. Not the best. Maybe I need to let it rest for a few days?

What is your best bacon recipes? I need some tips and inspiration. (I don't have an issue with curing or anything, just the actual flavor.)

This is my first time doing bacon, but I've been smoking meats, cheeses, and deserts for almost 10 years.

Maybe start with posting your recipe and how and what temp you smoked at. That will better help people to help you. Pictures will also help

Reactions: olaf
You could go with some of the off the shelf mixes. What was wrong with it smoke salt sugar? You could look at replacing some of the sugar with maple sugar adjusting your salt sugar percentages lots of things to consider.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky