First Timer and I just bought a new smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eugene954

Original poster
Apr 4, 2013
Lancaster, California
Good Morning,

So I borrowed my neighbors New Braunfels smoker 2 weeks ago to try my hand at smoking and I really really enjoyed it, I was hooked! So last night I went out and bought a BrinkmannTrailmaster Limited Charcoal / Wood Grill and Smoker, my price limit was about $300 and I found this one, based on reviews it seemed like the best smoker for the price. Anyone have any experience with these? Also what should I do to cure this thing, would like to smoke on Sunday! Cheers!

I have not used that particular model but have used a Brinkmann that is very similar and have had really good results.

If you bought it new the instructions should have the info on how to cure it.  On the one I have used it was wiping down the inside grates ect with vegetable oil and firing it up.  I imagine this would be similar.  However I don't remember the temp and time it said needed to be reached.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky