First time with boneless pork shoulder...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'll tell you what, I've done ribs for quite some time, also some chicken, but it's always been a struggle because I couldn't control the heat on my smoker.  That changed this weekend.  I've got one more pork butt in the freezer and may go get another one...$1.69 a lb.

I've always loved smoking, but for ME this is a game changer.

Thanks for the help, guys!

That regulator/needle valve assembly makes all the difference in the world, don't it?

I've made no less than five changes to my smoker and am now considering installing the mailbox method.

Keep the hammer down, Kurt. Ya' doin' good, buddy!

What's the mailbox method.  I think the next mod to this smoker may be to close up the space under the legs.  I surrounded it with a box and a cooler so I could make sure the low flame didn't blow out.

Brisket may happen at some point, but I generally keep to a cheaper meat.  The next thing, in all likelihood, will be a mess of chicken drums.

Kurt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky