FIRST TIME TRI-TIPPING QUESTIONS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I always go indirect in the Weber with a drip pan with or without water in it. Seasoned with Spade-L seasoning rub. Toss it on the grill with Applewood chunks and set my timer for 45 minutes. Medium rare every time. Simple ! Spade-L seasoning is made in Selma Ca. and it's available online. Good stuff

Reactions: Hawging It
I always go indirect in the Weber with a drip pan with or without water in it. Seasoned with Spade-L seasoning rub. Toss it on the grill with Applewood chunks and set my timer for 45 minutes. Medium rare every time. Simple ! Spade-L seasoning is made in Selma Ca. and it's available online. Good stuff
Thank you sir! Looks simple, which I like. Will check out the rub.

Classic Tri-Tip Santa Maria style uses:
2 tbs granulated garlic
2 tbs kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper

Apply to both sides and let sit 30-40 min.

You can either grill to an IT of 135º first on direct high to sear both sides followed be moving over to indirect area. OR, smoke to an IT of approx 125º, pull and rest 5 minutes, then sear on a high temp grill both sides to a IT of 135º. Regardless of method, rest for 10 min before slicing.

Reactions: Hawging It
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky