First time smoking chesse with pics.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I vacuum pack mine for a minimum of 2 weeks. The longer the better. I happened to find a pack of cheddar that was in the fridge for 6 months. Man was it good. If you don't have a vacuum sealer. Try and get as much air out as possible.

I got a vacuum sealer, I only made 3 small chunks this time as a trail but next time ill buy a cosco block of cheddar, cut it up and vacuum seal it after smoking. I am definitely going to try to cold smoke more this year. 

Wrap it in plastic wrap and chill for a day and then vacuum seal it and store for a minimum of 2 weeks.

Most of the cheese for my superbowl party is over 2 months old.  I will be smoking some tomorrow after work to replace the cheese we are out of.  Gouda, Havarty and some pepper Jack.

I have to get some pellets since I am out.  I plan on Pecan again, Maybe Apple, depends what they have at the store I go to.  I'll use my AMNPS.

I need to get some interesting salami and maybe I'll smoke it too.

Your cheese will be awesome just in time and I suggest some crackers and salami or summer sausage on a tray.  Oh, forgot it is way good with smoked salmon too.

Mel

Looks like smoked Cheesus!! I loosely wrap my smoked cheese for 2-3 days in the fridge, then vac pac. I have a few pacs that are a year old we haven't opened yet.

Pepper jack is one of our favorites.

I'm going to hit cosco up next weekend and pick up some chedder or monterey jack ( my favorite ) . I wonder why smoked cheese dosen't get hard while it smokes like when you leave normal cheese out in the fridge uncoverd.

I got some Gouda, pepper jack, munster, havarti, and some sharp white cheddar at Costco today and it is smoking as I type.

I can't believe how easy it is to make something so very good!  I want to do Brie, cream cheese and some of the softer cheeses to use as spreads.

Mel

It is super good stuff. So much better then it would be plain. i want to smoke some hamburgers and bacon and make a ultimate smoked burger lol

It is super good stuff. So much better then it would be plain. i want to smoke some hamburgers and bacon and make a ultimate smoked burger lol
Did some burgers myself and not bad. Smoked a couple hrs probably could hav done more. Froze them. Just remember to keep under 40* while diong them to keep away from boutulism. Read up on it. search forum. Dave

Hmmmm, makes me wonder.  Smoke avocado halves, red onion, cheese, bacon and maybe some peppers, then cut them up and hot smoke your patties and finish on the gas grill.  Put it all together and BAM as the man would say, you got a smoken' burger!

Mel

Guru, I think burgers would be enough. Have smoked this and that myself, and feller can only take so much on smoke as much as we luv it. Put dressings on other stuff that isn't smoked, but that is my taste. Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky