First Time Roast Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your roast beef looks great bear! I wish I could find roasts that size around here but unless you go to Costco or Sams you end up with the 2-3 pounders from the local grocery.

Yeah, actually those 3 pounders are what they usually have here too. They usually have a "Half Eye Round" instead of the whole 6 pounder.

Bear

Man that looks good Vol, and somewhat easy to do too! I too picked up the Kroger eye of round roast deal, but with plans to do Jerky, but maybe I'll "smoke-roast" one of them! Thanks for the inspiration.

Point!

That looks like it might be a few notches above Arby’s Vol! Wow that looks great! Slap some horseradish on one of them Sammie’s and I’m in!!!

Scott
LOL hey Scott! I thumbs upped your comment before I even saw that it was you! Excellent call on the Horseradish. I completely agree!

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
Man that looks good Vol, and somewhat easy to do too! I too picked up the Kroger eye of round roast deal, but with plans to do Jerky, but maybe I'll "smoke-roast" one of them! Thanks for the inspiration.

LOL hey Scott! I thumbs upped your comment before I even saw that it was you! Excellent call on the Horseradish. I completely agree!

Give it a shot man. It was easy and was by far the best roast beef I have had. Gotta try the homemade au jus too. Totally worth the hassle

that looks amazing, point worthy for sure, we will be visiting ya'll next weekend............roll tide.

Thanks for the compliment. And yeah...I cant wait for that game(in my best sarcasm voice). Pretty sure Ill be drinking heavily for that one haha

What recipe did you use for the au jus?

It really was a on the fly kind of thing. Involved beef fat I had leftover from a brisket, flour, beef broth, and a few other seasonings. Much better than the $.99 packets you can buy at the store though!

do you recook all your beef before you eat? or do you sometimes just eat it cold?

I think I'd like it both ways!

It looks delicious.

Eat it both ways. Sometimes heat it up for French dips or sometime eat it cold. Cant go wrong either way!

That is some amazing looking sammie meat!!!! Point for sure... Love the idea of it now going to have to try it.
Congrats on the carousel ride.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky