First time poster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LEckert2

Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Brenham, Texas
howdy all,
My name is Luke and I am brand new to the forum. Although growing up around bbq and watching my father, I've only been cooking for myself the last few years. I am not a competition driven guy, although I do enjoy learning more about those processes, I am more of a backyard bbq type. My goal is to connect with good folks, learn about bbq in other areas (I am from a small town in texas with a large percentage of german influenced families), and enjoy good conversation. more on my background, mostly around here the pits are fueled by charcoal, although its indirect heat, we never "smoked" much. Most are barrel pits that are welded on in someone's shop. Salt and Pepper was usually all the seasoning you need. And we love our vinegar bbq sauces. Last year I moved into the "city" (population ~15,000) from my parent's and I bought a oklahoma joe - longhorn, which is the first offset i've ever used. It works fine and I don't have any issues. Brisket, ribs, pork butt, and chicken are my favorite, things to cook. Sorry for the rambling!

Thank you for the warm welcome. This weekend we have some wet weather in the forecast, but I'm looking to throw a pork butt on early Saturday morning before the Aggie/Bama game!

Thank you for the warm welcome. This weekend we have some wet weather in the forecast, but I'm looking to throw a pork butt on early Saturday morning before the Aggie/Bama game!
I hear ya on wet weather; I'm glad I got my last batch of salsa done yesterday because it's just sort of planned to be dreary and wet here!

Reactions: LEckert2
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky