First time making Beef ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jonaol364

Original poster
Jul 25, 2020
This is made in my Masterbuilt with Cherry wood. Kept the temp around 230 for 6 hours and then wrapped in foil and turned up the temp to 280 for another 2 hours. The knife went through it like butter, meat hanging on to the bone loosely. I was disappointed that it didn't get a really pronounced red smoke ring, however the blackened surface was pretty smoky.

IMG_6141.JPG
IMG_6140.JPG

Welcome to SMF from North Texas.
Sometimes cherry smoke is tough to see in beef.
Looks good!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Welcome to SMF. Looks like your nailed it

They look great and more important you said the flavor and tenderness were great. I love doing beef ribs I personally like them better than brisket.

First off, welcome to SMF!
Those are some mighty fine looking ribs!
They look absolutely delicious!
Nicely done!
Al

Boy howdy do those beef ribs look good! Like!

Welcome to SMF from central Missouri - aka - Central God's Country

Man those look good. I’m jealous. Wanted to do those today but can’t find anyone open that carries them. I knew I should have bought a few frozen slabs when I saw them. Nice work, and welcome to the forum.

Nice Looking Ribs, Jonaol !!
Like.
We can't get much of a "Smoke Ring" with our Electric Smokers, but they're all show anyway.

Bear

Welcome from Ga. Those look perfectly cooked and delicious. Like Bear said, smoke ring is mainly for show. Fall off the bone and excellent taste/juiciness are the main things. Great job.

Mike

Those look awesome and tasted even better I'm sure nice job

Those look really juicy and done perfectly. Smoke rings are nice to see but honestly have zero impact on flavor. I’ve had great smoke rings on mine and other times none in my charcoal cabinet. Tastes great either way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky