First time Krakow / more Owens Red Barn bologna with brisket trim

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This red barn bologna do you use it as a sandwich bologna or cheese and crackers? Baloney and bread has stood between me and starvation several times in my years. Read alot of great reviews regarding the red barn bologna. Looking for that samich slice, just wondering does this fit for a sandwich meat.
I do both . Slice cold to snack on , but I fry it up for a sandwich . Egg and cheese for breakfast or just some mustard and fresh white bread .

Reactions: pc farmer
Really nice. Looks like the stuff we got at the Polish Deli...JJ
Thanks for that comment . I was really surprised how it came out .
I talked about wanting to use the cured and cooked loin for this . Something you said made me realize that the chunks needed to be raw so they would react with the salt and the cure to make a good bind with the meat paste .

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Oh man, that Krakowska looks beyond words. And, I've never even heard of it before! I really need to do this. Thank you for sharing.

that Krakowska looks beyond words. And, I've never even heard of it before!
Steve , thanks . One of my wife's friends had Polish relatives . That was were I first had it . It's good stuff .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky