first snak stix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

actech

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
Illinois Land of jailed governors
I am a noob here, just got a master forge digital smoker and decided to do some stix in it. venison based with hi mtn seasoning. I am using the meat probe and it is going a LOT faster than I thought it should. does anyone have one of these smokers? I'm used to doing butts n ribs on my chargriller side by side. mainly curious if anyone has electric smoker and what they think of it.

Kurt

What temp is your smoker set at?
X2 and do you have a reliable thermometer to know it's on the temp you want? - how fast is "faster than you thought"?

I have an MES40 and do snack sticks, Summer Sausage, and jerky all the time made from wild game

This is how I do mine or approximately - length of time varies anywhere from 7-9 hours from the time I put them in the smoker til they are done! 

Started smoking them at 120-125* with no smoke for 2 hrs, bumped to 140-145* and added hickory and cherry for 3 hrs, then bumped to 160-165* for 3 hrs to IT of 155*.

I moved location in smoker  and thermometer and things got more on track. my internal temp was rising too quick. I was only making a 2# batch so I figured itr would go quicker,but in an hour I was at 115 internal and the smoker was only 130.  i was following video instructions i found on youtube brining up temp in stages so they get done right.

Put a butt on at 11 last night so we will see about this electric smoker, and I got another 2 batch of sticks to go in.

I'll take a pic of the butt if she turns out good

kurt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky