First Smoker Build (Rectangle RF Smoker)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ron7415

Original poster
Oct 23, 2019
Georgia
I am planning a smoker build and on a fact finding/suggesting finding mission. A friend and I are looking at building a smoker. He is a welder/metal fabricator by trade. I can do a little welding but I am more qualified to be the gofer or as he would say the bugger.

I don’t have all the details worked out but here are some of our thoughts. The CC would be all 1/4 steel. Dimensions would be 60”W x 24”D x 36”H. I would have 3 levels of grates that would measure ~ 48”W x 22.5”D.

For the FB we are thinking 24”L x 24”D x 36”H. We haven’t decided if we want to do a round or a rectangle air intake on the fire box. We haven’t decided on the stack location or shape. I would like to do a 6” round at grate level and he wants a 4” square on top.

Just throwing my thoughts out there any comments would be appreciated and welcomed.

We found a couple of images that we are somewhat modeling from. Tell me what you think.
View attachment 409162 View attachment 409163 View attachment 409163

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky