First smoke on the sams member mark 28" pellet smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimmyzshack

Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Houma, LA
Did my first some on the sams club member mark (embers grills) 28" smoker i got yesterday. Did a brisket, been so busy i have smoked any meat in a while. Going to do a turkey tomorrow. So far i'm pretty happy with this smoke and the price $239.

2018-12-24%2007.18.51.jpg

2018-12-24%2011.43.30.jpg
2018-12-24%2011.43.37.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking brisket and smoker Jim, enjoy both.

Point for sure
Chris

I recently found this at my local Sam's Club for $199.91 (plus tax). It was too good a deal to pass up.

My first cooking on it was a steak with the control set to "high" after the first seasoning run. It turned out pretty good, but for steak, my Vision ceramic kamado grill does much better. My second item was two racks of ribs which were coated with a thin coat of mustard and then a dry rub overnight. I did the 3/2/1 method at 225F. I can only say "Wow!" They turned out great!
I had not been able to get a good smoke ring with my Masterbuilt 30" electric smokehouse. The Member's Mark (Embers) Pellet Smoker & Grill did just great. However, appearance would not matter if the taste was off. The taste and texture were both excellent. We have a winner!

Now for a picture:
ribs_20190304.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky