First smoke on the new grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bunny

Original poster
Sep 3, 2017
Way North Idaho
IMG_20201227_102658329.jpg
IMG_20201227_104133870.jpg

Super excited to see how this bacon candy comes out! So after my first plans got squashed because of some initial issues with my new grill, the deviled eggs that were supposed to go in with this first smoke are all gone and my chickens haven't laid enough today and yesterday to make more. Welp, still going to make candy bacon for the bloody Mary's for brunch!

Gonna be good. What did you glaze the bacon with?
So, I've been getting Jeff's emails for three years and saving them in a file for when I could finally break down and afford my "good" smoker LOL! I've done some great meals on my vertical propane, but North Idaho winters and propane don't mix for holding anything that resembles a consistent temperature.
I first dusted them with Jeff's rub I mixed myself then drizzled maple syrup on them. They marinated overnight and then I put brown sugar on them before they went in. Set my temp at 190.
It's an hour in and I'm getting ready to flip and sugar again. I'll post a fresh picture.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I went to the butcher today- Cheapest bacon was $13.99 a pound. Went to Walmart and bought 6 pounds for $14.28. It ain't as purdy--but by God it works. Thanks for your pictures Bunny!-much appreciated. Charlie

Reactions: bunny
Looking really good! Never have tried it but seen the email about it the other day.

Ryan

Reactions: bunny
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky