first smoke on GOSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mickeymays

Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
Larimore,North Dakota
put 2 pork butts on at 10 am and meat is now at 186 at 7;30 I am waiting for it to reach 190 and then foil and wrap it in a towel and put it in a cooler for a few hrs. The reason for the odd times is that we are having a winter storm here in North Dakota, We have had about 3 inches of snow so far and expecting about 5 more. Luckly we have very little wind so the tempeture has not been a problem. The butts look great so far. This is my first smoke on a gasser as I have used the Weber bullet charcol smoker and have had great results. hoping the GOSM does as good of job

I pulled the pork at 10:30 and it fell off the bone, total time was 12 and one half hours. will make baked beans and slaw tomorrow, plan on adding some rub and Cattleman's bbq sauce, should be a great way to end the year. the GOSM worked great. we have 6 inches of snow so far and sounds like more tomorrow. I think i will watch FB and eat "que" what a life!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky