First Smoke in the Rib Category

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pearlheartgtr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 6, 2012
Long Island, NY
Here's my first set of ribs ever for Memorial Day weekend. I picked up 10# of Smithfield babybacks from Restaurant Depot for $34 last weekend. Cut the racks in halves (to fit in the smoker) and rubbed them down with Bone Suckin' Hot rub and set them in the smoker. Later on, I brought them to a friend's house and we slathered one rack with Bone Suckin' sauce and threw it on the grill to sear for a few minutes while we left the other rack naked. Unbelievable. Fall of the bone and tasty. I regret that I didn't get pics of the money shot but here are some out of the smoker.

Coming out of the foil wrap phase of the smoke:

7dc75e18_ribs1.jpg
820cb056_ribs2.jpg
8527d5ec_ribs3.jpg
5bfe0535_ribs4.jpg

And getting wrapped up for resting and the trip over to my friend's house.

859c90f3_ribs5.jpg

Reactions: goat largon
c'mon, every pic is BONE-SIDE-UP???  Are you trying to TEASE us??? 
police2.gif

Pigeye

Yeah, 
wazzapp.gif
 wit dat? lol... this isn't the sewer department where they don't care which side is up!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky