First run on my COS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Greetings all,
I just bought a COS, the Chargriller Smokin Pro. Was pretty easy to put together. I didn't do anythiny to make it less leaky except for some gasket around the lid. It is what it is.

Anyway, I did my first cook this weekend. I smoked country style ribs and short ribs. Basic generic BBQ rubs on each and smoked with cowboy lump and apple wood splits. I was able to keep the temps between 240-280 and learned the ins and outs to do it on this cooker. I cooked these until they were in the stall and then finished in the oven.

I will say that the smell was unlike anything I've cooked on in my yard. And after getting over the day being smoked out taste wise, eveything today was amazing.

Thanks for looking all.

Screenshot_20221114_215857.jpg Screenshot_20221114_215919.jpg Screenshot_20221114-215926_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20221114_220007.jpg 20221113_162712.jpg 20221113_135008.jpg

Looks good, I still have fond memories of when I started out with a COS. Good chow, but very time consuming. I'm happy for the memories, but want to leave them at that - just memories.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: JCAP and chopsaw
Food looks great . I had one of those years ago . They make great food . Mine needed constant tending of the fire , but fun to cook on and You're right about the smell and the taste . Nice work bud .

Reactions: JCAP
The country style ribs and short ribs look great, JCAP, I'd pulled up a chair for a plate of those any day. I still have my COS, an Ok. Joe Highland, but cheap is a relative term these days with the cost of everything going through the roof. I think I paid $250 for mine 3 years ago from Walmart and now they're close to $500. I still use it occasionally, but it takes a lot of attention which I enjoy...

Reactions: JCAP
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky