• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First round w/ 11# brisket

dahookup11

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 25, 2013
Started this morning, 11# brisket packer. Put it in the smoker at 5, at 250. No plans for time on finishing, just gunna play this one by ear. Shooting for an IT of 160-165 then I'll wrap.
For the meat, I injected, I know, everyone has their opinion, but I wanted as much flavor as possible. The rub is my version of a Texas brisket, just a little bit more than blk pepper n salt.
I do plan on mopping every hour or so, just for the crust and moisture.
Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
looking good. i bet you cant wait to have it done

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looking good. Id go to 190 max if your planning on slicing it. If you are pulling then 200 is fine

dahookup11

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 25, 2013
Looking good. Id go to 190 max if your planning on slicing it. If you are pulling then 200 is fine
Thanks, yea I took it to 195 then let her rest for an hour wrapped up in towels in a cooler. At an hours rest I took out the burnt ends for s teaser. Great out come so far.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looks great. Thumbs Up :yahoo:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.