First real test of our Dyna Glo Offset propane conversion

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sweet rig and really good looking food! That burger is mouth watering!
Thank you. It was a great burger and massive. but the inspiration came from this site. I would for some reason have never thought to smoke Hamburger, I can not wait till I find other things on this site that I never thought to smoke.

On a side note cleaning this grill because of the massive door is very easy. we only put in the grates we plan to use. My Wife cleans the grates and water pan every time and I wipe the inside down with paper towels. it takes about 1/4 to 1/2 half roll of paper towels to wipe down. Staying with propane seems to make clean out much easier. this task is made much easier with my mechanics rolling stool. if it wasn't for the stool the main smoking chamber would be too low for my back to handle.

I can see after many uses I may have to get mid evil with soap and a pressure washer and re-season it but I am hoping wiping it out thoroughly may be good enough.

I am curious about the temperature gauges as well...

Your conversion looks pretty spot on. Your burger looks pretty good too, but could use a little more bacon ;-)

Congrats on making the SMF banner-headlines!

Like!
Thanks I cannot wait to make them again, I can tell my Wife is getting a little concerned I am talking about smoking everything LOL

EaO1969, Good looking burger!!!!!!!
Thanks it was great for my first time smoking one. I am so glad I found this site.
I almost made the mistake of going to another forum but they were so choked off with rules and regulations I could not get done with even one post LOL
I am so looking forward to learning more from this site.

but the inspiration came from this site. I would for some reason have never thought to smoke Hamburger, I can not wait till I find other things on this site that I never thought to smoke.

OMG....be prepared for the food ride of your life!! You'll find more info here than you can digest in 2 lifetimes....and it just keeps building. Anything your little heart may desire to cook can be found here with info, testimonials, pictures, and pretty much anything else you can imagine. I know because after almost 7 years here, I'm still taking that ride and am nowhere near catching up.

Giving up trying but still gonna keep plugging away,
Robert

Thanks I cannot wait to make them again, I can tell my Wife is getting a little concerned I am talking about smoking everything LOL

Ha!! Join the crowd.
Fantastic looking burger!! I'd eat that any day.
Frog Mats laid on the grate will keep anything small from falling through and still get lots of smoke. Even cheaper than that, just lay a piece of (clean) fiberglass window screen on the grate. There's no danger of it melting.
We love pork burnt ends, but make our out of pork loin--delicious.
As for the bacon, while your burger is resting, just put the bacon under the oven broiler for a VERY short time and it will crisp up nicely.
POINT
Gary

I am so glad I found this site.
I almost made the mistake of going to another forum but they were so choked off with rules and regulations I could not get done with even one post LOL

The only real set-in -stone rules are be polite, be respectful, and keep the language in check. Anything outside of that is subjective to the mods. I know that there are people in this forum that sit and read it with their grandchildren in their laps so it must be kept clean. If you want info with no negative backlash, this is the place to find it. If you have something to share, we want to see it....with pics of course :emoji_laughing: The rule is: no pics, never happened

Welcome aboard,
Robert

The only real set-in -stone rules are be polite, be respectful, and keep the language in check. Anything outside of that is subjective to the mods. I know that there are people in this forum that sit and read it with their grandchildren in their laps so it must be kept clean. If you want info with no negative backlash, this is the place to find it. If you have something to share, we want to see it....with pics of course :emoji_laughing: The rule is: no pics, never happened

Welcome aboard,
Robert
Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky