First Prime Rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I cooked mine, it’s definitely one of those cooks that like Bear says, it’s pretty easy, and it makes you look really good as a cook too!
I did mine on my gas grill converted to an indirect smoker cause that’s what I had but can’t wait to do one on my stickburner. I know it’s a pain to collect wood (or buy it), sit outside by it for hours, no room where you live, but boy the stickburner food experience takes smoking meats up several notches for me.

Anyhow, great job!

When I cooked mine, it’s definitely one of those cooks that like Bear says, it’s pretty easy, and it makes you look really good as a cook too!
I did mine on my gas grill converted to an indirect smoker cause that’s what I had but can’t wait to do one on my stickburner. I know it’s a pain to collect wood (or buy it), sit outside by it for hours, no room where you live, but boy the stickburner food experience takes smoking meats up several notches for me.

Anyhow, great job!
Thanks for the nice comments, overall it was pretty easy and a lot quicker than I thought it would be. I agree, the stick burner takes work but that’s what I enjoy. I don’t know what I enjoyed more, the end result of the cook or the actual process of keeping the pit dialed in at 220 for 4-5 hours. That was pretty cool to me.

Reactions: 73saint
Pretty sweet smoker you have there.
And it is awesome to get the smoker to do exactly what you want it to do and need it to do. Not much better than that.

Wowzer's that looks unbelievably delicious. Nice job.

Point for sure.

Chris

For your first Prime rib, you sure knocked that one out of the park!
Very nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!
Al

For your first Prime rib, you sure knocked that one out of the park!
Very nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!
Al
Thanks Al, I was not expecting that but Ill take a ride on the carousel anyday. Thanks for the compliment

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky