First post

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raw

Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
Let me start out by saying Hello and thanks for having such a great website. I have been lurking for awhile now and thought it was time to start joining in.
I am 41 yrs old and live in the great state of Ohio. I starting smoking meats a couple yrs ago after finding a vertical smoker that was brand new at a yard sale for ten bucks. Best $10 I've ever spent and have been hooked ever since.
Now on to a question for you guys. Were having a little get together for Sunday and of course its going to storm all day Sat so I put my brisket on to cook this morning and should be finishing up about 10 or 11 tonight. I have never smoked one a day early before and don't know the best way to reheat it with out drying it out. So do I reheat it whole or would it be better to slice it up and reheat that way?
Also I had my first taste of a fattie a little while ago. Now thats some good eating right there.
icon10.gif
Thanks for the great idea. I just put a little cheddar cheese in the middle and put some rub on it. I figured I would post my first pics.

Thanks for any help you can give me with the reheating issue.

Welcome to SMF!

I would slice the brisket and then reheat in a crock pot, or in the oven set at 250 in a foil covered pan.

Hope this helps.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Welcome aboard! Nice pics and BTW, nice Fiestaware! (We have every color they make...)

I have had really good results reheating in a crock pot. Good luck!

Thanks for the comments. So when you use the crock pot do do put the bbq sauce in there with the meat?

Raw, I am no expert but I would slice the brisket, put in alluminum pan, cover with any left over juice and tent with foil. Reheat in oven. Generally when eating brisket around these parts BBQ sauce is always served on the side. Hope this helps.

I uploaded the pics to photobucket.com and copied and pasted the IMG tag.

Yum! That fattie looks so good!

Thanks for the crockpot tip - I was wondering that myself because this is the first time I've ever smoked a brisket the day before the event.

Looks great RAW! I had never heard of a fatty...at least not meat wise....until I found this place! I'm gonna have to try that!

That fatty looks mouth watering.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

How long did you smoke it for and at what temp? I was gonna try my luck at one this weekend.
Oh, and welcome aboard. Lots of nice people here with a wealth of good ideas.

Temp was about 225 and I had it on almost 4 hrs. It was the 2lb log from Sams

Thanks for the links Deejay, I never knew they made high-temp cheeses. I going to check them out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky