First post but not new to the forum.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shinerbocks

Original poster
I Live in South Central Texas. I am not new to the forum, I have read a great deal here but this is my first post. I have learned from many posts from techniques to rubs, etc. I have been smoking and curing meats for many years, when I found this forum I hoped to discover new and better ways of preparing and smoking many kinds of meats for my family and I wasn't disappointed. There is a wealth of information here and the people are very helpful.

I have an electric smoker that I use for smoking deer salami, buck sticks, etc. but have had mediocre results with larger pieces of meat and ribs which is why I still have my old standby around which is a barrel pit that you see in my avatar with a butt and brisket on there. I have smoked briskets, butts and whole pork loins on there for years with awesome results.

I received my new 12" A-MAZE-N-TUBE-SMOKER (read about on here) yesterday and used it for the first time tonight for cold smoking mild cheddar with the pecan pellets included with my purchase. Of course my wife could not wait to try it and cut into it immediately after removal from the smoker. I tried to explain that the cheese will mellow and get better with age (as I did
laugh1.gif
) and we should wait but that didn't happen. I smoked the cheese for 2 hours with the A-MAZE-N-TUBE-SMOKER in my old barrel pit, even though it was right out of the smoke it was really good. Can't wait to see what it's like with some age on it.

Hello Shinerbocks and welcome to the fun.  Am from Mathis, now live in England.  Love the Hill Country and the German influences on the food, especially sausage.  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  Of course we all know THE WIFE IS RIGHT! no matter the outcome.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   .........  
[/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hey Shiner, welcome!  Looks like you've been around the forums for a few years...glad you finally checked in!  Now that you've finally posted, lets see some of your handywork!  You've been a member long enough to know how much we love Qview.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask anytime you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky